[Philadelphia] PADS Meeting: Overcoming Debian's New Maintainer Procedures

PADS (Philadelphia Area Debian Society) will meet this coming Wednesday
to discuss ``Overcoming Debian's New Maintainer Procedures''.

PADS Web Page:  http://www.CJFearnley.com/pads/

Please note the new location!!!

PADS Main Meeting:
  Topic: Overcoming Debian's New Maintainer Procedures
  Speaker: Chris Fearnley <Chris@CJFearnley.com>
  When:  Wednesday, September 15th from 8:00PM - 9:30PM
  Where: IQ Group, 6th floor (its the room with a big Q on the door)
         325 Chestnut Street
         Philadelphia, PA

   Abstract:
   Debian has instituted stringent new maintainer procedures primarily to
   protect the project from Trojan horses and the like. As a consequence
   there is some confusion and frustration involved in becoming a volunteer
   for the project. In this talk we will try to overcome these difficulties
   and aid attendees in their efforts to become Debian contributors. It is
   recommended that interested participants bring ID, their PGP footprint,
   and a laptop.

PADS Social Hour:  Note the new time and location!!!
  When:  Wednesday, September 15th from 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM
  Where: The Mexican Post, 104 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA.
  RSVP:  Please RSVP to Chris@CJFearnley.com so that we can reserve a large
         enough table.

I hope to see you next Wednesday.  Do Enjoy!

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet/Web Consulting
Chris@CJFearnley.com             |  Design Science Revolutionary