Lintian and the new tar

Tar has changed the format of how it stores path names.. it's stopped all sorts of mangling.  Lintian wasn't expecting that and had(has) low tolerance for changes like that so...

The new tar breaks lintian.  We're in the process of fixing it.  If you have the new tar and want to beable to do *some* lintian checking, the latest development version will be at:

http://master.debian.org/lintian/

Please use it if you have the new tar.  The side effect, you can help debug it :)  Isn't Free Software great?  If you get an a message you think is wrong, let me know.. via email not the BTS since this isn't an officially released version.