Re: dpkg --build broken?

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > Am I the only one having this problem?
>
> What problem are you actually having?  Is the leading "./" causing an
> observable problem with a Debian package other than lintian?
>
> The paths are equivalent, and I haven't seen anything other than lintian
> that has a real problem... and I helped define a fix for lintian a few
> hours ago that will hopefully result in a lintian upload shortly.
>
> Unless something *really* evil comes up, I think the right reaction to this
> is to accept that the upstream tar behaviour has changed, and deal with it.

I didn't have time to have a look into details, so I stopped when I saw that
lintian was complaining and that the list of files contained by the package
did not look as usual. I must admit that I didn't try to install the package.

So if only lintian is concerned, this is not a problem anymore (provided
that lintian is fixed but it's apparently already done).

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas (http://www.via.ecp.fr/~hugo/)
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really