voicerecog in Debian

I'm not subscribed to this mailing list (and have no intention of doing so
at this time) but I figured you guys could make teh best use of this:

I was poking around freshmeat and found a very nifty little piece of
software based on ViaVoice SDK, and think that it could really be a
"killer" for the distribution that implements it first:

http://www.zachary.com/creemer/xvoice.html

<snip>

XVoice is a simple hack. It will accept continuous speech input from IBM's
ViaVoice SDK for Linux, and then re-targets the resulting text at many X
applications.

To accomplish this retargeting, XVoice synthesizes X key press events.
Many application will happily accept synthesized events, but some will
not, deeming them --
correctly -- to be a security risk. You should test XVoice with an RXVT
terminal window as a target to make sure that it's working. Once it works
correctly with an
rxvt, try it with other applications.

</snip>

This seems like the best possible way of implementing some kind of
universal voice recognition in Linux, IMHO, and in a year or so,
definitely worthy of forming the core of a user interface.

Ta,
Rob Bos