Re: Installation Procedures

Le Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 09:46:47AM +0200, Jérôme Marant écrivait:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what is planned to improve the installation procedures of
> Debian ?

Nothing is planned since nothing is done and not many people are working on
boot disks. If you wish to help, please subscribe to debian-boot,
donwload the CVS version of the boot-floppies and provide patch !

$ mkdir debian-boot
$ cd debian-boot
$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot
$ cvs login
[press enter when the password is asked]
$ cvs -z3 co boot-floppies

> Is the installing process going to change compared to slink ?

Yes, how much will change we can't say. The boot disks will be at least
i18ned AFAIK.

Actually the boot-disks don't even build ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>