Re: Lxdoom, ability to package, copyright

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 07:44:49PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> It's all bad to wrose.  I'm pretty sure iD would be happy to fix the
> license if we show them there's more than a couple people who still care,
> enough to make it worth the effort.

Well, I mailed John Carmack already, and you say you will, so that's
a couple, at least. I alerted him to the fact that id's license
makes what's going on currently illegal.

> > What I'm wondering about is how that will work. id can't change licenses
> > retro-actively - however, in lxdoom, it's referenced as follows:
>
> Change, no.  Offer under different terms additionally, sure they can.
> They own full Copyright after all.

I just checked lxdoom's src directory. The only file that isn't
(C) id is l_musserver.c, which is GPL. I don't think it's linked
into the lxdoom binary, though - it is for the music server, and
as far as I can see it's not referenced in the makefile.