Re: security.debian.org mirrors?

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> The reasoning is that proposed-updated contains a lot of packages, some
> of which might be broken (no check on uploading & installing). And we
> don't want to encourage people to automatically upgrade to those, but we
> do want to be able to allow people to automatically upgrade only
> security-fixes.

That's silly.  Why not apply the labor that goes into keeping
security.debian.org up-to-date and put it toward keeping stable up to
date?  Every time you want to put a package on security.debian.org,
instead install it to stable and make a point-release.

I was under the impression that security.debian.org was a permament
place for security updates so that URLs would always be correct.  If
that's not so, I don't see the point of the security site.

Guy