Re: Requests from one Japanese User.

From: Vincent Renardias <vincent@ldsol.com>
Subject: Re: Requests from one Japanese User.
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:34:38 +0000 (GMT)

vincent> Is it really usefull to have 2 binary packages? Can't the version with
vincent> Kanji enabled handle Latin1 also?
vincent> Just wondering...

  I'm not sure, sorry. But I heard that Kanji-supoprt and
Greek-support can not be consistent in same binary, while Kanji and
Latin1 can.

  If I remember correctly, it is a reason why rxvt-ml has more than
one binaries (krxvt, rxvt-big5, crxvt-gb, grxvt, crxvt).  aterm and
eterm are based on rxvt, same reason can be applied.

  Anyone who knows about that correctly, please comment.

Research Institute of Electrical Communication
Tohoku University
Dr. Ryuichi Arafune