Re: When to close bugs - possible solution

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 02:08:25PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 05:02:25PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > Then the proper solution is to make the BTS preserve closed bug reports,
> > not to force maintainers to track releases.
> We can do this in dinstall alone - just let dinstall set the severity to fixed
> and retitle the bug to "fixed in $version: $subject".
> Comments? Coders? ;)

It would be much better to have the BTS support this, IMO.

That way we can have different pages for all the different possibilities:

	http://bugs.debian.org/netbase?release=stable
		Unresolved bugs:
			foo
			bar (resolved in proposed-updates and potato)
			baz (resolved in experimental)
			quux (resolved in IPv6 staging area)
		Resolved bugs:
			[...]

...or something similar. I've got some ideas about how to do this, and a
little bit of code done, fwiw.

Changing dinstall to do the "fixed" thing might be nice in the short term,
but I don't see the rush, personally.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds