Re: security.debian.org mirrors?

Previously Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> Ok.  Please excuse me for being stupid here.  How does a stable package get
> to security.debian.org?

Someone from the security team installs it there. No waiting for
dinstall runs or so, only until someone of the security team wakes up
and does something, which tends to be a lot faster.

> Yes.  Exactly.  Now, how do I mirror security.debian.org?

The idea of security.debian.org is to have updates out *fast*. This
means that mirrors are possible but kind of defeat the purpose. But
you can mirror it in the same way you mirror nonus.debian.org (it's
the same machine even).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl