Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

Hi everyone,

From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:40:37 +0300

gaia> Dpkg is maintained, though not as well as it should be.
gaia> Anyway, it's getting better.

Thank you (and Joy) for telling me what's going on.

I'm glad things seem to be getting better...I sincerely hope
the maintainers of dpkg would pay attention to the BTS.
Of course I know they have been extremely diligent and faithful,
and I'm very grateful for their excellent job, but please do not ignore
other people(especially non-English speakers)'s work.
I'm ready to help them if it is necessary.

BTW today I heard some Debian JP guys started to update the contents of
dpkg-doc-ja(I guess some of you misunderstand, there is no patch file in
dpkg-doc-ja...actually it contains a bunch of manpages translated into
Japanese and .po files for Japanese, so the merger would be pretty easy).