Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 01:40:03PM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> > Another issue that needs to be addressed here is that Perl
> > has become a VERY standard part of ANY UNIX type OS.  Because

Perl may or may not be inevitable, but what about this in
/etc/init.d/lprng?

test -f $DAEMON -a -d /usr/doc/lprng || exit 0

Why should the operation of a daemon depend on its
documentation?

We, for example, keep our docs on a single machine
NFS mounted on our network. But now at boot time the
default script for lprng dies silently.

I'd not mind if it printed a message about where to
find docs to the console.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039