Re: security.debian.org mirrors?

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 02:10:34PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Guy Maor wrote:
> > Yes.
>
> No, security.debian.org is meant to be moved into stable when a new
> release is made. This means that packages will be in security.debian.org
> and proposed-updates for a while.

Ok.  Please excuse me for being stupid here.  How does a stable package get
to security.debian.org?  Where is it uploaded? To master.debian.org with
distribution set to "stable"?  If that's the case, I presume it's a matter
of at most 24 hours for it to get installed in proposed-updates.  That's
what I'm trying to understand here.

> The reasoning is that proposed-updated contains a lot of packages, some
> of which might be broken (no check on uploading & installing).

That's exactly my concern.  I DO NOT want to tell people here to include
proposed-updates on their sources.list because some non-security updates
will get installed on their systems.

> And we don't want to encourage people to automatically upgrade to those,
> but we do want to be able to allow people to automatically upgrade only
> security-fixes.

Yes.  Exactly.  Now, how do I mirror security.debian.org?  (Jason, please
excuse me here, I did read your message, I did understand it, I know the
thing is not suppossed to be mirrored, but the net connection here just
sucks.  A mirror would be most helpful)

	Marcelo