Japanized packages (was: Re: new LaTeX2e)

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Do you know there is already multi-lingual TeX in Japan, of
> course it is not complete yet and perhaps of beta state ?

Didn't know. I don't think I'm going to need it for the next few years
so I have no reason to know.

> I hope Debian thinks of much more about outside US and/or
> Europe.

I hope to. I know some of the problems. Danish contains a few
non-latin letters and somewhere it is non-trivial to get it to work. I
Dont belive that a completly different charset woud be any lkess
troublesome.

But please du everything you can to get japanspealities into upstream
or the mainstream debianpackages. (I know you do, just wanted to share
my thoughts)

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.