Re: debian first in slashdot poll

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     I dunno about dhcp (which I don't think is really needed, IMHO, unless
> people really want to work in an MS environment with that hack) but I do know
> that slink does have ipchains.  Only 2-3 days ago did I upgrade my main

DHCP is a hack? It's an MS environment hack??

Um, lots of people use DHCP, whether it's in office environments,
cablemodem/ADSL environments, etc.  There are a lot of benefits to
DHCP for a net admin.  I take it you only use Linux at home?

Things like WINS would count as an MS hack (since DNS already existed),
but I don't see how DHCP counts as that.