Re: debian first in slashdot poll

Wednesday, August 25, 1999, 8:56:39 AM, Steve wrote:
> That's true, with caveats. Slink didn't have ipchains, it didn't have a
> 2.2 kernel compatible dhcp, etc.  For some systems a 2.2 kernel would be
> unusable without compiling certain packages yourself.

    I dunno about dhcp (which I don't think is really needed, IMHO, unless
people really want to work in an MS environment with that hack) but I do know
that slink does have ipchains.  Only 2-3 days ago did I upgrade my main
machine to potato and it has been happily IPMasqing for my network for about a
year now.  I started running 2.2.x since 2.2.0 came out.  Kinda hard to do
IPMasqing without ipchains, right?  :)

    FYI, it is part of netbase.