Re: debian first in slashdot poll

Well, one thing is that Redhat is based around "Easy to install".  This appeals
to all those people out there who don't know very much about UNIX/Linux.   Those
people generally wouldn't be interested in Slashdot.  So sure, Redhat may have
more users, but Debian has more of the technically sophisticated users.  Debian
also has fewer bugs than Redhat and we have XX percent more packages.  That says
a LOT about the quality of Debian.  This is why there has been so much talk
about makeing Debian more user-friendly, and easier to install.  On the 2.0 vs.
2.2 kernel issue, please note that the 2.2 kernel images ARE in potato.  The
issue is the install disks.  2.2 takes a LOT more space on the CD, so is a major
issue to install floppy setup and design.

							Dave Bristel