Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:

> whether sash is installed by default or not is irrelevant - it is only
> another package, mere installation of it can cause no harm.
>
> what is at issue is changing root's shell - this IS potentially
> dangerous and should NOT be done by default, it should require a
> conscious choice on the part of the local sysadmin.

Well, hey, then we agree. I do think getting it installed by default is
important, though, to make sure the user is aware of the option. I hope
this happens, although I'm not sure who makes the decision on that or
whether said person is even paying attention to the list.