ITP powstatd: UPS monitoring daemon

I intent to package powstatd, a configurable UPS monitoring
daemon.

 `Assuming you have a "dumb" UPS that corresponds with your machine
  via a serial connection, you should be able to configure powstatd
  in just a few minutes. I am running powstatd with a variety of
  Cyberpower UPS supplies (325VA, 385VA, 450VA and 500VA models) as
  well as some older APC units.'

ftp://dollar.biz.uiowa.edu/pub/segre/powstatd-1.1.tgz

The software was recommended to me by Cyberpower when I inquired
about Linux support.  The software was non-free, but contact last
week with the upstream author (whose brother is a Debian fan) was
fruitful and version 1.1 is now GPLed.  Upstream also wants all
Debian build patches to have such that `make debian' or something
will work out of the box.  Very nice guy too.

I have not packaged it yet, but I have used it a wee bit and it
fulfills its promise of being really easy to configure.

Peter <psg@debian.org>