I think I need an IP laywer in the US

An interesting situation has arisen, which means that I think I need a
laywer in the US to give me some advice on some copyright issues
relating to some free software I've written.  Unfortunately I can't
tell you what the situation is.  At the moment I just want to find out
what my legal position is, in confidence, and it doesn't seem likely
that anyone is going to end up in court just yet at least.

How much is this likely to cost me ?  Can anyone recommend anyone ?

Ian.