Re: You can do root raid NOW...

Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 09:56:48AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Last time I tried this I could mount one of the disks of a RAID-1 set as a
> > regular non-RAID disk.  This means that LILO could operate in a non-RAID
> > fashion.  Of course they may have changed this as part of the raidtools2
> > thing...
>
> Yeah, it would work fine if someone patched lilo to do this. No one has,
> yet, AFAIK.
>
> Mike Stone

With raid1 you have two identical drives, and each one should work
independantly. Isn´t the setup so, that you can take out one and boot
te other drive without even having raid support? That would make sense
and would explain why you could boot from it with lilo.

Anyway, with raid0/5 that will fail.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin