Re: I'd like to coordinate a major update of stable

Without getting into the CURRENT debate, I'd like to suggest that the problem
with where docs are kept(/usr/doc vs /usr/share/doc) doesn't apply to Joey's
original proposal to update stable with new and updated packages.  If slink has
a policy to put documentation in /usr/doc, then that's where packages to be
added to slink should put their docs, or at least make a symlink in there.  Back
to the original topic, I'd like to ask if anyone has a problem with the
stable-update release idea itself.  If you like the idea that we can offer
updates to stable as well as unstable, then let's not worry about issues which
should only be addressed when talking about the unstable release.  Speak your
mind, Yes, it's a good idea, or No, it's not.  If you have an idea for new
things to add to Debian, then that's for unstable.

							Dave Bristel