[daniel@linux.org.ar: Re: Article about "Debian"]

----- Forwarded message from "Daniel E. Coletti" <daniel@linux.org.ar> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:24:04 -0300
From: "Daniel E. Coletti" <daniel@linux.org.ar>
To: Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@lina.inka.de>
CC: info@linux.org.ar, debian-devel@debian.org
Subject: Re: Article about "Debian"

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> Hello to the Argentinian LUG,
>
> sorry I dont speak spain, but you have an Article about "Debian" on your Web
> Pages. I wonder why you dont link the official Debian Homepage, but the page
> of a company selling the communities effort of a free Distribution. Am I
> reading something wrong?

Hi!
	I'm sorry that we don't have enough time to translate all the pages to
english on the LUG's web site. I think you got us all wrong, as a LUG we
don't cheer for one distribution or another, we show the public "Linux"
as the alternative, not RH, Debian or whatever distribution.
	The article you see on the front page is an anuncement of a new web
site that just started for Debian "lovers" ;-), here in Argentina
(http://www.debian.org.ar). It's not a company, just like the L.U.G.Ar,
is managed by linux fans (btw, I'm sure they'd love to here from you
guys). We always anounce new projects regarding Linux (that are being
done here in Arg.).
BTW we do have a link to the official Debian web site (www.debian.org)
on our "distribution" web page. You can see it at
http://www.linux.org.ar/soft/distribuciones/eningles.html (which is the
page of Linux distributions "in english", in spanish -> "eningles").

If you have any more questions, please send them over.

Regards,

Daniel//

--
Daniel Coletti (DanX)