Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

Hi,
>>"Steve" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:

 Steve> Yet there you are, spouting off on how other tools need to be
 Steve> static as well.  As I've said and will continue to say.

 Steve>     *COMPILE YOUR OWN*

        I think the point people are trying to make is that in their
 opinion, this is an important enough functionality that a standasrd
 set of packages would be of suffiecient benefit. Reduces duplicated
 effort, and makes the recovery tools accesible to people for whom it
 would not have been feasible to compile their own.

        It is a quality of implementation thing.

        If these packages/tools are optional, people who don't want
 them don't need to install them.

        manoj
--
 Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal
 oneself. Friedrich Nietzsche