Re: NO! (Was: Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer)

"Marc A. Volovic" <marc@bard.org.il> writes:

> Well, at some levels, it reaches ridiculous figures. My current machine
> has 512MB swap and I think I overdid. My rule of thumb is 2*RAM up to 64M,
> 1.5*RAM up to 128M and =RAM thereafter.

I have a nice rule for both physical and virtual ram:

The physical ram should be cleared within 1-3 seconds.
The swap should be read/written in 10-60 seconds.

For my Alpha that would be 256-512 MB ram and 128-1024 GB swap.

If you need more ram, you should think about a faster maschine or
faster drives.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin