Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

* Raul Miller said:

> > I admit I have never tried to use sash as /bin/sh, so my ignorance is
> > unbounded. Can your releave me of some of it? (my ignorance that is)
>
> It's been quite some time since I looked at this issue, so no -- I
> don't have any specific examples.
Well, one that I can recall immediately is the alsaconf script. It's not
something Debian distribution relies upon, nevertheless it has a big chance
of being used by many people.

> However, simplicity is a design goal of sash, while full posix support
> is not.
Of course. It's goal is to be an emergency shell, and it works great as such.

marek