Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

Hi, I'm one of Debian JP developer and have waited for register also to
Debian.

From: Alex Shnitman <alexsh@hectic.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:58:43 +0300

> So those of you who shouted that I want to deprive Debian users from
> Slink updates, this wasn't what I wanted, and actually putting Slink
> updates in one place is a good idea and will help our users. I was
> suggesting that we don't put unstable packages from new-maintainers
> there but instead fix the real problem, because in the long run it
> will NOT benefit our users.

On the other hand (sorry to focus to Debian JP, because I'm now only
a Debian JP developer),

In the short run, we Debian JP has a lot of problems on that.  We have
lots enough (about 300 now) packages to merge Debian but it is now
temporarily stopped mainly because the shortage of Debian developer in
Debian JP.  Debian JP has 10 Debian developer out of around 60 JP
developers.

We have to take care our Debian JP users, however, now we hardly can't
do.  Of course, in the long run, our JP users get benefit from Debian
official packages.  Debian itself is quite useful.  Still without JP
packages, our potential customer avoid to choose Debian.  We have been
working hard to merge JP to Debian, but it requires some help from
Debian.

Regards,  K.S.Yoshio
Key fingerprint = 3C 3C 1C E6 B1 65 53 58  A3 B3 6A ED BA E4 54 52