Re: laetos (was ITP: detect (library that provides hardware detection))

"Matthew R. Pavlovich" <mpav@purdue.edu> writes:
> > What about Debian and LætOS working together ?
> Why not have them apply to become bonefide Debian Developers?  I think
				    ^^^^^^^^
I'm not sure to understand this word (would you say bona fide)

> this would start a good trend of cooperation between volunteers and
> companies.
> More and more of volunteer developers are going to be hired by companies
> to work on Linux (hopefully) and trying to develop channels for each
> individual effort seems like a waste of resources.
We're not any commercial linux distributor, we're only a Free Software
project. We have no funds so we can't pay any developpers.

> Debian has a lot of resources available that a company can draw from, and
> Debian could sure use the support of full time developers (paid).
I'm sure of it ;-)

Thanks,

Éric.

--
Éric BARROCA		       |  Main Coordinator of the LætOS project
E-Mail : ebarroca@linuxfr.org  |  E-Mail  : <laetos@laetos.org>