Re: deliver - recompilation?

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Piet W. Plomp wrote:

> The Debian pages state you as maintainer of deliver.
>
> I run the actual version of deliver under potato, upgrading libc6
> almost every day.
>
> Under all libc6-glibc2.1* versions deliver (a.o.) delivers mail but segfaults.
> The actual deliver version is the same under slink and potato.
> Just try deliver w/o args on the commandline - segfaults after the usage.
>
> We've got other glibc 2.0 programs segfaulting, so deliver is not at fault,
> but a recompilation with glibc 2.1 might help.
>
> Therefore: could you please recompile deliver under the new glibc and
> put it in potato? If you consider this a bad idea or want help in any way
> (or any other reason) please contact me.

I am unfortunatly unable to rebuild and upload deliver at this time.  It
should be easy to retrieve and compile the deliver source
	apt-get source deliver
Any developer is more than welcome to do an NMU (Chip, weren't you
supposed to adopt this from me?)

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/