Re: I'd like to coordinate a major update of stable

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 14:01:54 +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> It's really not that difficult to get a chroot() environment going if you
> have the hard drive space.  Perhaps they should put a 100Meg Bzip2 archive
> of a Slink development setup online for interested people to download...

We're going to have to make a chroot()ed environment in any case to be able
to build libstdc++2.8 and libstdc++2.9(-glibc2.1). If you could look into a
more general chroot() setup, one that makes it easy to switch between libc
and compiler versions, this would help a lot.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,