Re:For the Abolishment of "Ports"

>>>>> "Juergen" == Juergen A Erhard <jae@ilk.de> writes:

Juergen> I'm not sure how to do this, but I'd love it if we were to
Juergen> remove all mentions of "Ports" from Debian (both on
Juergen> www.debian.org and in the various documents).

Juergen> I'd propose replacing it with "Platforms" or maybe
Juergen> "Architectures" (Platforms is more generally known, I
Juergen> think... especially to non-CS folk).

        I agree to that. 'ports' may be seen (and even sounds to me)
as the other platforms not being as importantly considered as the
ix86.

--
                                                                -
                                                                -