Re: weird hang with latest debian

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 11:02:21PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> One of my machines has a weird hang for quite a number of seconds
> during boot-up ever since I upgraded from slink to potato this afternoon.
> It happened before I upgraded the kernel (from 2.2.2 to 2.2.10-ac12).
>
> It seems to happen immediately after "INIT: 2.77 booting"; the next
> thing that comes up is the message from the UNIX domain sockets module,
> but as I said this happened before I rebuilt the kernel too. Any ideas
> what might cause it? Mildly irritating.

I did the same fault. Simply compile unix sockets to kernel (not as module).
This is not 2.2.10-ac12 problem I had it with other versions until did
discovery :)

2.2.10-ac12 has another problem. When you have file with rw-rw-rw-
permissions you can:

   echo blablabla >> file

but not

   echo blablabla > file

Simply file truncation is not permitted. This gives me problem for example
with mgetty faxspool.

You need path for etx2fs/inode.c (I get it from kernel mailng list).

Mirek