Re: Request for Mozilla Testers

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 01:30:57AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 05:29:26PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > This happened to me until I removed my old ~/.mozilla (from a previous
> > version).
>
> Yes, this does help on my system too. But another point... how much of
> mozila is supposed to work? All the menues are empty. Most of the senstive
> areas likle buttons and drop down regions in the status bar do nothing. Is
> it realy the case that mozilla only can show html pages, nothing more? And
> in addition to that resizing does not work, moving the window splitter rule
> does not work and the complete program is very slow and the window updates
> delayed.
>
> Is this the current state of tthe project or is only my setup broken?

Yes, Mozilla should still be considered "way alpha" software.  The M8
milestone, according to Mike Shaver's "State of Mozilla" document[1], " puts us
almost halfway through the milestone list for SeaMonkey (a.k.a Mozilla 5.0)".
For more information about the project milestones, see [2].

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/update.html
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/milestones/

--
 - Matt