Re: Debian Xconfigurator?

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 09:50:42AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> > Even when you do use SVGA server with the matrox cards the fb driver is
> > 90% or better able to recover from an X crash.  Of course you lose
> > svgalib support if you care about that sort of thing.
>
> But you can use the svgalib wrapper for libggi with the FB target.

...which has managed to work for exactly one program, quake.

When zgv works under it, maybe then I'll consider it mature enough.  In
the meantime however, either zgv needs to be ported to libggi or fb
directly, or the existing libggi applications need some SERIOUS maturity.

I don't consider GGI to be ready for those not coding it just yet.
Pretending it is will only hurt the project in the long run.  It's just
not ready to replace svgalib yet---no applications.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3