Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

At 02:07 AM 8/6/99 -0500, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>There real problem here David is long delays in application
>processing.

The real problem I have here is that application processing _appears_ to
have stopped; I hear rumors that it's stopped until Potato is out; no one
in the know has confirmed or denied those rumors, merely saying there has
not been any announcement. A single message like

We are still processing applications. If you apply, the quickest you will
get accepted is 5 weeks.

or better yet

Application Report
------------------
# of new developers in the last week: 1
# of new applications in the last week: 2
# of applications to be processed: 53
Estimated time in weeks to be processed: 10

or even

We've stopped processing applications until Potato's released. Sorry.

would resolve the fear and uncertainty that many of us have.

>The term "de-facto policy" is itself a
>misnomer, as such a beast could never exist.

Something that has the effect of policy without the legal backing? Sure it
could exist. If they have stopped processing applications until Potato is
out, then that's making defacto policy. It's irrelevant wether it's offical
policy or not - it has the same effect.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (alternately dvdeug@hotmail.com)
"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice