Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

At 12:14 AM 8/6/99 -0500, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>Steve Willer <willer@interlog.com> writes:
>> Now, there's a new policy to not allow new blood in. Much of the old blood
>> is very old indeed, and many of the developers have lost interest.
>
>I am not aware of any policy of the sort.

Right, and that's half the problem. It appears that such has become a
policy without being announced. There was a claim that it was announced on
IRC, but someone came forth and said that he sent an email to that effect
to someone, but did _not_ announce it. Which, in my mind, is worse.

If that is not the policy, then say so, and back it up with action. If it
is the policy, then say so, and let the developers discuss it. If it is
defacto policy, then that's wrong, because it denies potential maintainers
useful information and hampers current developer's discussions about it -
how do you argue against a policy that technically doesn't exist?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (alternately dvdeug@hotmail.com)
"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice