Re: Spam mail in the bug repository

From: "J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl>

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 12:18:43 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Couldn't we do a really effective spam filtering by rejecting any mail
>> that doesn't fit into the fix scheme which is offered by the bug program?

> No. Too many bug reports are written by hand, and would be rejected
> by this.

> Also, there are IMO more important improvements to be made to the
> BTS. For instance, dealing with non-us/non-free packages like ssh
> properly, and having an index of bug reports by submitter.

I think that when more frontends for bug where present and if non
maschine generated bugs where rejected, people would not write bugs by
hand. Of cause a web interface should be present for people writing
bugs from a winsux client or similar system that can't ru bug.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin