Re: Spam mail in the bug repository

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 12:18:43 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> A, yes.  Could someone do that please for me, because I'm in hury and can
> not read how to do that this time.

I've already done so (I regularly go through the BTS' "maintainer unknown"
bugs).

> Couldn't we do a really effective spam filtering by rejecting any mail
> that doesn't fit into the fix scheme which is offered by the bug program?

No. Too many bug reports are written by hand, and would be rejected by this.

Also, there are IMO more important improvements to be made to the BTS. For
instance, dealing with non-us/non-free packages like ssh properly, and
having an index of bug reports by submitter.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch