Re: Apache seems to depend on nscd

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Shane Wegner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure whether this is an Apache bug or a bug in the system but it
> seems that if you pull out nscd, apache will not start.  This is the
> latest potato.  Also, if nscd is running, host caching has to be turned on
> or Apache won't start.  Kinda strange.
>
> I don't want to run nscd because it really scrues up reverse lookups with
> host cache.
>
> Is this a glibc bug or an Apache issue?

I have had the same problem with php and apache. Apache wouldn't start
after I removed php. It turned out I had configured apache to load the php
module. Re-configuring apache (so it didn't try to load the php module)
solved the problem. Could this problem be of similar nature?

Remco
--
rd1936:  8:15pm  up 42 days, 11:10,  8 users,  load average: 1.26, 1.20, 1.17