Re: Apache seems to depend on nscd

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 04:16:24PM -0700, Shane Wegner was heard to say:
> Hi,
> I am not sure whether this is an Apache bug or a bug in the system but it
> seems that if you pull out nscd, apache will not start.  This is the
> latest potato.  Also, if nscd is running, host caching has to be turned on
> or Apache won't start.  Kinda strange.
> I don't want to run nscd because it really scrues up reverse lookups with
> host cache.
> Is this a glibc bug or an Apache issue?
> Regards,
> Shane
> PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

  Are you sure?

bluegreen:~> dpkg --status nscd
Package: nscd
Section: admin

bluegreen:~> telnet localhost 80
Connected to loopback.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /foo
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /foo was not found on this server.<P>
Connection closed by foreign host.
Exit 1

  "Cogito, ergo sum."

  -- Descartes