Re: where to place manpages for X clients

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 12:10:13PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I hope for a quick and simple answer and don't want to start
> a flamewar if programs should go into the X11R6 tree or not.
> The background for my question is that I want to move the
> XTeddy docs and manpages to /usr/share.  I used to put the
> XTeddy manpages under /usr/X11R6/man/man1.  Now I wonder if they
> should go to

FHS, section 4.8.2 says:

Manual pages for X11R6 are stored in /usr/X11R6/man.

Unfortunately I don't know what does "X11R6" mean in that context...

Section 4.1 says:

[/usr/X11R6]
This hierarchy is reserved for the X Window System, version 11 release
6, and related files.

Are all X clients 'related files'? I'm a bit puzzled.

Probably the manpages can stay in /usr/X11R6/man if their corresponding
binaries are in /usr/X11R6/bin, because /usr/X11R6/share directory doesn't
exist.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name