Re: usr/share/doc and dhelp

Marco Budde wrote:

> Moin Ulf!

Hallo,

> UJR>  Some packages already did move their doc directory. If they had dhelp
> UJR>  or doc-base support there's a .dhelp file in the old /usr/doc/<package>
> UJR>  and its subdirectories. Obviously this is not removed when dpkg removes
>
> This is wrong, if you use dhelp directly. As the .dhelp is a static file
> created during the build of the package, dpkg will remove it.

Yes. I drew my conclusion too quick. And I was talking about doc-base. I
have had no immediate experience yet with dhelp, I used dwww before.

> UJR>  1) What to do with package's leftover? I guess filing a bugreport should
> UJR>     be appropriate.
>
> Yeah, against your own package :)?

I was trying to prevent that ;-)

>                                    Maybe you have forgotten to tell doc-
> base (if you use doc-base) in prerm to "check out" your package? The
> problem with doc-base is that it creates the .dhelp file dynamically
> during the installation process of a package.

Actually, I wasn't talking about one of my packages but about a (supposed)
general situation. Currently I think this must be a doc-base bug (limited
to doc-base only). Please see http://bugs.debian.org/41785 if you are
interested.

Greetings,

  Ulf