Who wants to take websec?

I am not (yet) an official maintainer, but I have a package ready of
"websec - The Web Secretary". I did it for myself. Personally I think
it will be a good idea to add it to the vast amount of already
available Debian packages. It safes a lot of time if you monitor a lot
(or even just one) URLs for changes.

It's written in perl and needs just one or two changes to make it to
meet the Debian file system standard. (Patches not yet send to the
upstream maintainer.)

Unfortunately I haven't built it with debhelper.

Here's a short description pulled from the original source:

 Web Secretary is a web page monitoring software. However, it goes
 beyond the normal functionalities offered by such software. Not only
 does it detect changes based on content analysis (instead of
 date/time stamp or simple textual comparison), it will email the
 changed page to you WITH THE NEW CONTENT HIGHLIGHTED!

 Web Secretary is available at: http://homemade.hypermart.net/websec/
                            or: http://homemade.virtualave.net/websec/

Who wants to take it?

Stephan

--
Stephan Helma
Department of Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer

Tel.: +43 (1) 58801-32226
Fax.: +43 (1) 58801-32299
Mail: shelma@hp.fluid.tuwien.ac.at ( @ work)
      s.p.helma@gmx.net            (private)