Re: a tool for system administration

>I think you missed linuxconf. It is comes with Red Hat Linux and
>has a nice gnome interface. If I am not mistaken Debian also has a
>linuxconf
>package in experimental. If I remember it is not included with Debian
>because
>it was (is?) "a large setuid binary with a large potential for holes
>within".
You are right, but if the author of Linuxconf has to keep by himself the
configuration of all the subsystems with no other cooperation nor a
standard way to manage every package, he has a lot of work in hand. I think
the coordinated cooperation of all the maintainers would speed up the work
and give more reliability to the tool.
Regards
Francisco Gaztelua
System Administrator