Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 02:16:57PM -0400, Carl Mummert wrote:
> MASTER:  Copy the following sentence, verbatim, and hit 'return' at the end:
>     'I swear <...>'
> USER: I swear <...>
>
> MASTER: OK.  I believe you this time.

You really want to make it easy for script kiddies to play with us?

> How does a scanned facsimile of a birth certificate
> (no picture, no address, easy to fake by scanning a real one and changing
> the name/dob) establish anything useful about the person's identity?

Faking an official document like a birth certificate is a serious crime.
I doubt many people would want to go that far just to screw Debian.

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)