Re: SPAM from Red Hat

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:22:14 -0400, Justin Maurer wrote:

>> Oh man - the bigger the company, the less clueful people?

>so everyone knows, the addresses were extracted from the keyring.

    Oddly enough, I think this is the one case where it is forgivable.  They
obviously targetted a *very* select group of people and are making a legit
offering of what they, and many, MANY people are considering one of the
hottest buys of this year.

    It is the fact that they did do their homework, that it isn't offered to
every tom, dick and harry, is a genuine offer and clearly is a one time
mailing (how often do you go public?) I think it speaks more of class and
consideration for the community that has helped them than being explotative
which is what UCE is really all about.

- --