ITP: bottlerocket

BottleRocket is a command-line interface for Unix systems to use the
FireCracker kit. It is easy to use, has all of the major (non-gui)
functionality of the Windows interface, is easy to call from scripts
and the backend code is made to be easily linked into other programs.

The X10 Firecracker kit is a simple wireless home automation system,
consisting of a lamp module, an appliance module/radio receiver, a
hand held wireless transmitter and a wireless transmitter that plugs
into a standard RS-232 serial port.  Using either the handheld
transmitter or the serial port transmitter, a user can turn on or off
any of up to 256 appliances, and brighten/dim any of those that happen
to be lamps and plugged into the special lamp modules.  Each appliance
to be controlled must be plugged into its own module, and each module
is set (by turning dials on the front) to a unique address by which it
is identified.  Software can also be downloaded from X10 to control
the modules from a Windows machine.

These are the gadgets that were (are?) being given away dirt cheap on
slashdot and freshmeat.

This will be my first package.  My application as a developer was only
sent in a few days ago, and from what I've seen, it could be a while.
If anybody wants to take a look at my package, whatever, drop me a
line.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "He that breaks a thing to find out
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  what it is has left the path of