Re: [RFC] netstd

In article <[🔎] m9blncfoo9o.fsf@fatneck.cse.msu.edu> you write:
>> Hmmm, it would be nice if rsh/rlogin/rwhatever were a separate package
>> that could be omitted in favor of ssh....
>
>Would be nice.  Red Hat has a seperate package, and their code seems
>to be slightly newer than ours.  (When I last checked, there were no
>patches, but it worked with current versions of PAM.)

Such a scheme would also help when installing/packaging Kerberos, as
most (if not all) Kerberos distributions come with replacements for
rsh/rshd/rlogin/rlogind/etc that support Kerberos ticket authentication.

However, I am not the currently packaging MIT Keberos 5 for Debian -
Matt Kern is - so I may be mistaken.

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>