Re: uwm/ude package

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 06:18:32PM +0300, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 04:52:29PM +0200, Stephan Helma wrote:
> > While I'm (still) waiting to be accepted as a new maintainer, you can
> > try my uwm package for i386 at
>
>         Your uwm and ude packages seem to have overlapping files.
>         Please make sure that files in e.g. /usr/doc/ude exist
>         only in ude.deb.

Thanks for pointing that out. The reason why I ended with these
duplicates was that I link /usr/doc/uwm to /usr/doc/ude. If I remove
the overlapping files (which are the copyright notices) I end with one
of these packages without any copyright. This was the reason, why I
put the copyright into both packages.

Now I have reread the section about Copyright in Debian Policy Manual
and I will remove the notice from uwm (which depends on ude) for the
next release (coming soon!).

Stephan