Re: Modified start-stop-daemon and possible boot logo (was: Translation of init scripts)

    RB> Perhaps errors at boot time should be logged to the kernel
    RB> log, so that 'dmesg | less' will show them. Is that possible?
    RB> Otherwise, they could be redirected to a file. Even without
    RB> all the fancy boot logo stuff, I think this would be a useful
    RB> addition to the boot process.

  Seconded. Boot messages are important, and relying on shift-pgup
(and requiring physical presence) is seriously annoying. Not quite
sure what you do about any messages that are output before syslogd
starts up, but even just the bits after it would be useful in some
situations.

m.